Monday, November 26, 2007

Brunner saves the day...AGAIN!




A few years back i did a short story with B. Clay Moore for Negative Burn. It was a VERY well writen crime vignette , with some nice insight into our protagonist. When i was done, i was happy with what i did. Strikes and gutters, y'know. Now when i look it at, i see more gutters than before, a lot more. So Clay tells me he wants to print it in the back of the new HD series. I cringe. He then tells me we need it colored. BINGO! I call up my close friend, cartoon maestro, Chris Brunner. He colors it and blinds me with his magic. Enjoy.
Some of this is still a work in progress...

9 comments:

Joe Karg said...

Holy Cow Shawn! It's been ages since I've seen these pages. They look absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see them finished.

Shawn Crystal said...

Thanks Joe, but i had nothing to do with it. Brunner blessed it with his magic colors.

arnie said...

don't thank me, thank your talent and hard work.. you earned it.

peace out

Pat Bollin said...

Shawn - The colors are phenomenal, but the line art is great! Lots of life and great acting. Stop selling yourself short, man.

Pat

Jeff Cherry said...

Wow these really take me back. It is great to see these again. Remids me of AIA at its best.

Chris Bivins said...

Wow Shawn these look really good. Its really cool seeing them colored. I can't believe its been like 3 yrs since I've last seem them. Can't wait to seem more of the new book man.

Shawn Crystal said...

Thanks for all the positivity peeps!

Darnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcos Mateu said...

Cool work. You two sure make a good team. The color is beautiful too.