Monday, April 6, 2009

Time is not on my side


This one either took too long, or time just got away from me. Either way, i pushed myself. I LOVE Spidey. He got me into comics and super heroes in general. The first comic i read was Spidey. I used to draw him all day every day. Then, i stopped. I focused on learning this medium, and just kinda got focused on other things. As time past, i guess i was intimated by the character, seeing what every great artist does with him and having my own ideas on how he should be handled. Then i met Chris Brunner. Spider Man is a religion to him, and i thought i placed the character on a pedestal. So the intimidation factor went up. I deicide it was time, get back in the game. The kid in me has an elite standard for Spidey and Venom. Inks to follow.

7 comments:

Fabian said...

I think you do great justice to Spidey and Venom! Excellent work Shawn!!

Pat Bollin said...

This looks great, Shawn. Can't wait to see this finished.

Darnell said...

This is great! There’s a lot of action in this piece. Look forward to the inks.

Jamaal Bradley said...

I really like the like going from Spideys head to his back leg. The line really makes his motion pop.

keep grindin'

Shawn Crystal said...

Thanks everyone!

Bryan Wynia said...

Looking great Shawn. Is that a bit of the Punisher I see below?

Shawn Crystal said...

Thanks Brian, and yes, thats a study from the cover of the Punisher DVD. How's LA treating ya?